POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Weathered objects : Weathered objects Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Weathered objects
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 3 Apr 2008 06:20:00
Message: <web.47f4bc094a7a14e5731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Mornin' all.

I've completely re-written my weathered brick macro; shown below is a small
preview of what it can do. I'll post it in a couple of days when I'm happy it's
behaving itself and I've commented the code a bit! I'll put it on the object
collection too.

It's based on the mesh-approximation code I posted a few weeks ago; except now
it makes a single mesh2 object (faster parsing), offers the option of smoothed
triangles (faster rendering) and you can save the mesh2 as an .inc file if you
want (even faster parsing!). Best of all, it can weather any shape that doesn't
occlude itself from its own centre - many building block shapes are therefore
possible.

If anybody has any other suggestions, now is the time!

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'weatheredtest.jpg' (83 KB)